Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Smiles you'll give, tears you'll cry

Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Today has been one of those really annoying days. Bill was here at 8:15am to work on the other door, in the living room this time. He keeps moving back and forth from the living room and family room door so I’m stuck hiding out in my bedroom for most of the day. I have two computers and they are both giving me Hell. The main computer I use has some spyware that keeps locking it up and won’t allow me to use the internet. I tried running an anti-spyware program but the problem persists. So I used the laptop but it too locked up and my portable mouse has quit working. I spent the entire afternoon working on both computers and finally got the laptop mouse fixed. Stupid computers.

Watched “Malcolm in the Middle” – Hal accidentally burned Lois’ sweater (maybe it was a dress?) and Lois is convinced one of the boys did it. Listened to the first hour of “CoastToCoastAM” since The Dog Whisperer, Cesar Milan, was the guest that hour. “MonsterQuest” was about about a fresh lake monster in Newfoundland Canada. As always, absolutely no proof was discovered. Skeptic Joe Nickel was on the show, I really like him.

The federal government provided an 85 billion dollar loan to AIG to prevent it from collapsing. The dow dropped another 449 points today. I remain convinced the biggest long term problem we are facing is Peak Oil. While oil did increase to around $96 a barrel today, the cheapest gas here remains at $3.95. I can remember was gas hit $2.40 a gallon after hurricane Katrina and my college friend and I were both outraged! That was when we were still used to cheap gas. Still no news here on the job front – I know, I sound like a broken record. Dad came home from work and said not to get discouraged.

I got a chance to read some of my new book on Existentialism tonight and I’m loving it! The first page of the book has a great line from French Existentialist philosopher Albert Camus stating, “the fundamental question of philosophy is that of suicide, of whether life is worth living.” Now that is powerful! Whereas religion and other philosophical systems ask “how should I live,” existentialism asks “How can I live.” That is how I feel everyday. It is easy to look back and say coulda, woulda, shoulda, but I wish I had pulled a “Robert E. Howard” when mom passed away.

No comments: